Inserting the Movie
- Open Windows Media Player and call up a movie that you intend to place into a document via Microsoft Word 2003 or a more recent edition.
- Open the Word document and click in the space of your document where you’ll be inserting the movie.
- Go up to the menu at the top and select "Insert." Click on "Object" as the item you want to insert. Select “Create From File.”
- Choose the movie you’ll be inserting from the "Browse" box.
- Cut and paste it as a link in your file by selecting “Link to File.”
- Make your movie playable as a clickable icon in the document by selecting the “Display as Icon” option.
- Check to make sure the icon works by double-clicking it and waiting for the movie to play.
- Option to Insert a Movie
- Open Clip Organizer on your computer to organize all your media clips. Move your movie from Windows Media Player over to Clip Organizer.
- Click on the space in your Word document where you want to insert a movie.
- Select "Insert" at the top menu and choose “Picture."
- Watch for “Clip Art” next and click on there. Choose “Insert Clip Art” as the next option. Look for the “Organize Clips” option last and select that.
- Test out the movie icon again that will appear in your Word document to make sure the movie plays properly.